Are you in need of a bicycle? Then you’ve come to the right place! We have many abandoned bicycles in need of small or big repairs that can’t wait to get a new home.
All it takes is curiosity, willingness to get your hands dirty, and a membership fee of 100 SEK.
- Our volunteers help you select a bicycle that suits your needs
- Our volunteers help you repair the bike
- Once the bike is street-safe, you pay the membership fee and ride off into the horizon, with a light breeze in your hair and a smile on your face 🙂
The idea follows circular economy principles. We collect the used bicycles from all over Jönköping including Jönköping’s Kommun, housing associations, and private households. The more bikes you repair, the fewer end up in the trash.
- It’s cheap. The 100 SEK membership fee cover the bike as is. Depending on its condition, you might have to spend a couple more bucks on some spare parts. But usually, it’s one of the cheapest ways to get your hands on a bike.
- It’s sustainable. Each bike you repair saves energy that would be spent on its recycling otherwise. Every year thousands of bikes are thrown away and that’s just a shame!
- It’s educational. How often did you get a flat and didn’t know how to fix it? Dragging the bike to the next workshop can be a real hurdle then. Our volunteers will help you avoiding such situations in future by teaching you basic bike maintenance skills!